Responsible controller for the data processing
Lyoner Straße 18
60528 Frankfurt am Main
Phone: +49 69 6603 1334
Data protection officer
Scheja und Partner Rechtsanwälte
Externe Datenschutzbeauftragte mbB
Phone: +49 228 227 2260
Your rights as a data subject
As a data subject you have the following rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), insofar as their respective legal requirements are met:
- Information: You have the right to obtain information about the data we have processed about you.
- Correction: You can request the correction of inaccurate data about you. In addition, you may request the completion of incomplete data.
- Deletion: In certain cases you can request the deletion of your personal data.
- Restriction of processing: In certain cases you may request that we restrict the processing of your data.
- Data portability: If you have provided us with data on the basis of a contract or consent, you may request that the data provided by you be received in a structured, common and machine-readable form or that we transfer it to another responsible party.
Right to object
- Individual right to object: You have the right to object for reasons in relation with your particular situation at any time to the processing of your personal data on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 sent. 1 e) GDPR or Art. 6 para. 1 sent. 1 f) GDPR. This also applies to profiling based on these provisions. We will then no longer process your personal data for our purposes unless there are compelling legitimate reasons for it which outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing serves the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- Right to object against the processing of data for the purposes of direct marketing: In individual cases we process your data for the purpose of direct marketing. You have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data for the purpose of such marketing. This also applies to profiling in so far as it is linked to such marketing. If you object to the processing for purposes of direct marketing, your personal data will no longer be processed for these purposes.
- Withdrawal of consent: If you have given us consent to process your data, you can withdraw it at any time with effect for the future. The legality of the processing of your data until withdrawal remains unaffected until then. In addition to the ways mentioned under "Assertion of your rights", you can also declare a withdrawal in accordance with the respective information on "Exercising the withdrawal" in the "Services & Cookies" section.
- Assertion of your rights: To exercise your afore mentioned rights please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a notification via postal services to the address mentioned above. Please make also sure that it is possible for us to unmistakably identify you.
- Right of complaint with the supervisory authority: You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, your workplace or place of the alleged violation, if you are oft he opinion that your personal data was used unlawfully.
Data protection and data security when using our website are very important to us. Maschinenbau-Institut GmbH collects and uses your personal data solely within the framework of the valid provisions of the data protection law of the Federal Republic of Germany – in particular the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG).
As is common practice for every website the web server automatically records log files that are not assigned to a specific person. This data includes, for example, browser type and version, the used operating system, the URL of the previously visited website or page, the IP address of the requesting computer, access date and time of the server request and the file request of the client (file name and URL). These data are collected only for the purpose of statistical evaluation. The storage period is 14 days. The recipient of the data is the hosting provider. The legal basis is Article 6 para. 1 letter f) GDPR.
Collection, processing and use of personal data
The transmission of your personal data by e-mail or online registration form is voluntary. Maschinenbau-Institut GmbH uses and processes this data solely for processing and billing purposes as well as for the purpose of sending you information material from the VDMA Group and Maschinenbau-Institut GmbH by postal services or e-mail. The VDMA Group can additionally address this directly. Further information on the processing of personal data can be found at https://www.vdma.org/privacy. Information on your rights of objection and on the withdrawal of consents can also be found in the section " Your rights as a data subject".
Disclosure of personal data to third parties
We do not disclose your personal data to third parties outside of the VDMA Group except the privacy notice contains deviating provisions. In case of your particiation in an event which is organised and held in cooperation with a third party your data might be shared with it. You find further information in the subsection „cooperations with third parties“. Furthermore, in specific cases we may be obliged to disclose your personal data to law enforcement authorities. This is the case e.g. a suspicion of a criminal offence or misuse of our website.
For a start we use so-called "session cookies" which are automatically deleted after the end of your browser session. Furthermore, we use long-term cookies which are primarily used to provide you as a visitor with permanently recurring settings for the easy usage of our website. This enables us to adapt our website to your individual needs. In addition to that, these long-term cookies enable us to analyse the browsing behaviour of our visitors, but only within the validity period of the cookie. The legal basis is Article 6 para. 1 a) GDPR.
For most web browsers the acceptance of cookies is already configurated in their standard settings. Apart from that, you still have the full control over the usage of cookies. If you do not wish the storage of our cookies on your computer you have the following options: you can delete the cookies in your browser manually, deactivate the storage of cookies completely or, respectively, allow the storage for certain cookies. Use the help function of your web browser in order t o change and alter these settings. Please note that the functionality and the functional scope of our offer will be effected by the specifications of your browser settings.
With visiting our website you will be informed about the general usage of cookies in form of a cookie banner. You can find useful information about the way, amount, purpose as well as relevant legal sources and withdrawal possibilities of the data processing of your personal data in connection with the listed cookies. The cookie banner can be used to give your consent so we may use your personal data and equally to withdraw it. Therefore, you can alter your previously made specifications by clicking on the icon in the left-side corner.
Forwarding event-related information by e-mail
The Info-Service on our website gives you the opportunity to express your interest in offers on special topics of the Maschinenbau-Institut and to register for corresponding newsletters. We use your data to send you event-related information about the offers of the Maschinenbau-Institut. To seek your consent we use the so-called double opt-in procedure, i.e. if you have registered for the Info-Service on our website you will receive a confirmation via e-mail which includes a registration link. With a click on this link you confirm your registration and are consequently registered for our Info-Service. You can withdraw your consent at any time which will be effective for the subsequent future. How to do this please read the second next paragraph below). The legality of the processing of your data until the withdrawal remains unaffected by this.
If we have received your e-mail address due to your VDMA membership or your participation in a previous event organised by the Maschinenbau-Institut we will use it to send you information on events organised by the Maschinenbau-Institut in order to safeguard our legitimate interests (Art. 6 f) GDPR) – which consist of providing you with information on relevant offers as part of your VDMA membership. You can of course object to the use of your personal data for this purpose at any time which will be effective fort he subsequent future.
To object or withdraw your before given consent (like described in the second paragraph above this one) please proceed as follows: At the end of each e-mail you will find a section of text that reads as follows: "If you no longer wish to receive information from us about events you may opt out at any time of future use of your personal data to send us such information. Please click here for this." After clicking on the linked word "here" a prepared reply e-mail with predefined subject and content opens up. To finish the object or withdrawal process, respectively, please press the Send button. After receiving your message we will no longer use your e-mail address to send you information on events at the Maschinenbau-Institut. Alternatively, you can declare your objection by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or by sending a notification to the address given in the imprint.
Further information on your individual rights and general information on how we handle your personal data can be found in the section "Collection, processing and use of personal data".
In addition to the already described data processing for our offers on www.maschinenbau-institut.de we process personal data on the learning platform called Lernwelt Maschinenbau which you can find on www.lernwelt-maschinenbau.de. In this regard we process your personal data to provide offers, contents and further media for the purpose of learning and knowledge transfer, registration confirmations, invitations to events, the download of event-related documents, your personal Lernwelt-related history, feedbacks, participation certificates as well as for administrative management of participants and events. The legal basis is Article 6 para. 1 b) GDPR. If we don’t receive your personal data for the Lernwelt Maschinenbau from you personally it could be that the required data which is asked for in the registration and request form, respectively, were given to us by other rightfully appointed sources in your company (e.g. HR and Procurement). Because of certain valid reasons we share your personal data from the Lernwelt Maschinenbau in a necessary degree with the VDMA Group to verify the VDMA membership, to recipients of third parties like hotels for organisational purposes of local events, as well as other assigned third parties. Should the verification process at the VDMA Group bring any differences between their stored data and the given data during the registration at the Lernwelt Maschinenbau to light, each difference will be checked and altered manually. Eventually, there is no data processing in countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or for automatic decision making, respectively.
YouTube is used to integrate videos on our website. For this purpose the advanced data protection mode is used. Further information can be found in the privacy notice of YouTube LLC, 901 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066, USA on the following URL: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de&gl=de
LogMeIn Germany GmbH
To execute our online events we use the software tool GoToWebinar and GoToMeeting which are both provided by LogMeIn Germany GmbH, Erika-Mann-Str. 69, 80636 München. After registering on our website for an online event we first confirm having received your registration and then confirm the participation via e-mail. On this basis we register you as a participant fort he booked online event in the mentioned tools above. One week before the start of the online event GoToWebinar or GoToMeeting, respectively, send you automatically a confirmation mail and in certain intervalls additional reminders.
In this aspect, we process your personal data so we can offer and execute online events (Article 6 para. 1 b) GDPR). Further information regarding data processing can be found in the privacy notice of LogMeIn Germany GmbH on the following URL:: https://www.logmeininc.com/de/legal/privacy
Cooperation with thiry parties
For the execution of our offers we are cooperationg with other third parties with which we consequently share in a strictly necessary degree your personal data. The legal basis is for all cases Article 6 para. 1 b) GDPR.
- Deutsche Versicherungsberatung GmbH
In cooperation with the Deutsche Vertriebsberatung GmbH, Joh.-Flintrop-Straße 58 c, 40822 Mettmann we are offering online qualification programmes. After your registration on our website for this kind of training we confirm having received your registration via e-mail. Then we send your personal data to the Deutsche Vertriebsberatung GmbH which is registering you as a participant on the learning platform blink.it provided by the blink.it GmbH & CoKG and send us the automatically generated personal access code. Eventually, we will forward it to you as well as the final confirmation from us via e-mail. Further information regarding data processing can be found in the privacy notice of Deutsche Vertriebsberatung GmbH on the following URL: https://www.deutschevertriebsberatung.de/datenschutz/.
- Education4Industry GmbH
In cooperation with Education4Industry GmbH, Agnes-Pockels-Bogen 1, 80992 München, we offer digital trainings regarding industry 4.0. After assigning us for this kind of offer we send your personal data to Education4Industry GmbH which will register you as a participant for the wanted modules. After doing so they will send us your personal registration code which we will forward to you. With this code you are considered as a customer of the Education4Industry GmbH and can therefore use it for an employee or yourself to sign into the learning platform provided by Education4Industry GmbH.
Further information regarding data processing can be found in the privacy notice of Education4Industry GmbH on the following URL:
- QQConsulting, IMPULS Management Consulting GmbH, Prof. Dr. Schnauffer Marketing-, Vertriebs- und Unternehmensberatung GmbH und nexpro.digital GmbH:
For the exertion of some of our online events the collaboration tool zoom provided by Zoom Video Communications Inc., 55 Almaden Boulevard, 6th Floor, San Jose, CA 95113, USA is used. After your registration on our website you first get a confirmation of receiving it and then a final booking confirmation. One week before the official start of the online event you receive a link which leads tot he registration and log in at the date oft he event. For both you need your name and e-mail address. To check on the participation on the day of the online event we provide a list of the registered participants for the cooperating third party organisation. Further information regarding data processing can be found in the privacy notice of Zoom Video Communications, Inc on the following URL: https://zoom.us/de-de/privacy.html.
- For the exertion of some of our online events in cooperation with a third party organisation other e-learning software and collaboration tools might be used:
- die E-Learning-Software iSpring provided by iSpring, 815 N. Royal St. Suite 202, Alexandria, VA 22314, USA as well as the collaboration tools Miro provided by Miro 201 Spear Street, Suite 1100, San Francisco, CA 94105, USA,
- Mural provided by Mural, 650 California St, San Francisco, CA 94108, USA
- Conceptboard provided by Digital Republic Media Group GmbH, Mansfelder Str. 56, 06108 Halle (Saale).
After your registration on our website you first get a confirmation of receiving it and then a final booking confirmation. Fort he above mentioned e-learning software and collaboration tools your receive the links for registration and log in from the third party organisation we cooperate with fort he specific event. The registration itself has to be done by you as a participant of the online event.
- Implementation of the Engineering Summit in cooperation with Hüthig GmbH:
We are holding this congress in cooperation with Hüthig GmbH. Please note the data protection declaration of Hüthig GmbH: https://www.engineering-summit.de/datenschutz/
For this purpose, we transmit your registration data (surname, first name, company, position and email address) to our partner Hüthig GmbH. We process this data in order to be able to offer and hold the congress (Art. 6 Paragraph 1 b EU GDPR).
The Maschinenbau-Institut GmbH reserves the right to update the data protection declaration in the event of technical changes or changes to the relevant data protection regulations.
Last update: July 2021